Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Current Linux Needlrdrop Software

I haven't been too thrilled with audio software for Linux. In Windows, I use Sound Forge and CD Architect with various Waves plugins. Here's what I'm using on my Ubuntu partition:
  • Audacity - A pretty good audio editor, but seems to run a little slow on my machine. If I want to declick by hand, it's not as easy as using Sound Forge, but it's do-able.
  • Click Repair - A Java app that is essential for cleaning up vinyl recordings. Honestly, this is the best declicker I've ever heard. As always, it helps to start with a clean record, but CR is an essential tool. NOTE: It's not free.
  • Wavebreaker - I used to use CDWave in Wine, but now I use Wavebreaker to break up an audio file into separate tracks.
Burn or encode with the program of your choice.

No comments: